Heatons are seeking an Associate Director of Ecology to join our busy team in Derby. Working closely with our planning and landscape architecture teams, the successful candidate will take a lead role in managing the day-to-day activities of the ecology team, technical delivery and developing relationships with our existing and prospective clients.
We provide our clients with the full range of ecological services including habitat and species surveys, assessment and advice on biodiversity mitigation.
Established in 1999, Heatons are a client-focused planning, environment, and design consultancy with extensive experience in adding value to a range of development schemes.
Our team of experienced planners, landscape architects and ecologists work collaboratively with our network of specialist technical contacts to ensure our clients receive the highest quality service and advice.
We offer expertise for housing, employment and commercial uses as well as other forms of development, including the built heritage and natural environment, minerals and waste.
Role responsibilities include:
- Technical lead for all Ecological Services;
- Supervising, managing and motivating the Ecology team;
- Managing the technical and financial performance of the Ecology team;
- Providing strategic direction and leadership to support the growth of the business; and
- Business development, including developing new leads and opportunities.
Personal qualities include:
- Being professional, trustworthy and acting with integrity;
- Committed to promoting the highest standards of practice;
- Take initiative to improve working relationships and foster feelings of mutual respect with colleagues and clients;
- Proactively assist in training and knowledge-sharing;
- Being confident leading a range of surveys and providing technical advice; and
- A keen eye for detail.
- CIEEM Membership (Full or Chartered Status);
- Relevant Undergraduate or Masters Degree;
- Detailed knowledge of ecological legislation and licensing;
- Demonstrable expertise either as a generalist or within a specialist topic area;
- Experience as a project leader in an ecology-related job role in the public and / or private sector; and
- Experience of producing a range of reports and providing sound ecological advice to clients and stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career within an established business. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. Applicants on a full time or part-time basis would be considered.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Your benefits will include:
- a competitive salary, commensurate with experience;
- car allowance;
- private medical insurance;
- one paid annual professional institution membership fee.
For an informal discussion please contact Simon Higson (Director of Landscape and Ecology) on 07887 750613.
Please apply by sending a covering letter and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 20th February 2022