Heaton Planning provide professional services to the mining, minerals and waste industries. Heaton Planning has a strong track record in preparing and presenting the planning arguments for minerals and waste development and has considerable experience in handling important issues like need, supply and safeguarding, potential alternatives and the assessment of cumulative impact. Heaton Planning are able to assist from the initial concept stage through to the final restoration of the site seeking where appropriate, longer term added value.
Our specialist team have been involved in a wide range of projects including:
Aggregates – Sand & Gravel, Crushed Rock, Secondary & Recycled Aggregates, Ancillary Operations
Building Stone – Specialist Limestones, Sandstones & Slates
Energy Minerals – Coal (Surface mine, Deep mine & Colliery Disposal), Gas & Oil, Underground Gas Storage
Industrial Minerals – Cement, Silica sands
Waste – Recovery, Recycling & Disposal Operations, Mining Waste Directive Permit
Our key minerals and waste services include:
- Providing expert advice and consultancy services on all matters relating to minerals and waste planning.
- Preparation of planning applications for mineral extraction and ancillary operations, and for waste related activities.
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments to accompany a planning application. We collaborate with a wide range of specialist environmental and technical consultants to undertake Environmental Statements for development projects.
- Negotiating terms for legal obligations.
- Appearing as expert witnesses at Local Plan Examinations and also at Appeals.
To enquire about Minerals or Waste Planning please contact us using this form, or telephone us on 0115 937 5552